A few of my friends are trying their hands at a Vegan diet. So, I wanted to share with them one of my recipes that does not require a $500 Vita Mix and a $300 Omega juicer – a meal that is inexpensive to make, takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, and is very tasty and healthy, of course.
I have just the recipe for them. It’s one of my favorites and I make it almost everyday for lunch.
So, to Gregg and Braxton and anyone else who wants to try a tasty, healthy vegan dish, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. But, first off, I hope you like mushrooms. If not, this recipe won’t be much good to you:-)
- ½ tablespoon of virgin olive oil
- One teaspoon of Celtic sea salt
- Adobo seasoning (The kind without MSG)
- I use, Frontier Organic ADOBO Seasoning
- Mixed pepper seasoning
- I use, Drogheria & Alimentari Organic Four Seasons Peppercorns
- One or two scallion stems
- Two celery stalks
- ½ clove of garlic
- 10 ounce container of button mushrooms, wiped clean
- One knife
- One cutting board
- One spatula
- One pan or skillet
- Slice up mushrooms if not already sliced.
- Place pan on stove and turn burner on high.
- Put olive oil in pan.
- Add mushrooms.
- While mushrooms start to simmer:
- Chop the scallions into little rings.
- Chop the celery into little slices.
- Chop garlic into to a few slices.
- Occasionally shuffle the mushrooms in the pan.
- Lower burner to medium high.
- Time to season the mushrooms:
- Add the ½ teaspoon of Celtic sea salt.
- Sprinkle the adobo generously over the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle the pepper generously over the mushrooms.
- Add the celery, scallions and garlic to mushrooms.
- Sauté for another 30 seconds.